menuclose

Friday Favorite – Denver Boudoir Photographer

We are headed out of Denver for some spring break fun BUT I wanted to post a quick Friday favorite to keep you entertained! This client was so much fun to work with and I just adored how much her husband encouraged her to do a boudoir session with me. He was so excited for her to finally see a side of herself that he sees daily. Isn’t she just gorgeous?

Makeup: Makeup by Heather B. Hair: Camrie Oliver at Eco Salon

“All of these photos make me feel genuinely beautiful. I really like the first 2 because I feel like these photos also capture my personality – I just love that. It’s easy to get all fixed up, put on sexy clothes, and look hot. You managed to make me look attractive while also capturing who I am as a person. That means so much to me. Also, I’ve never really felt TRULY attractive before. Growing up (and it still happens now sometimes), I was always called ‘unique looking.’ I wanted so badly to have a celebrity doppelgänger or have the face of a magazine model. People told me not to worry about it – they said having a unique look was something to be proud of. I’ve never been proud of it and always saw it as a curse. Even on my wedding day when people told me how beautiful I looked I internally justified it thinking, “Oh every bride looks beautiful on their wedding day.” After getting these photos I realized I didn’t have anymore internal excuses – I felt legitimately beautiful and liked the photos. I’ve started thinking about my appearance as ‘uniquely beautiful’ vs. ‘unique looking.'” -Ms. I.

And I had to add a few of my favorites to the blog too! One of my favorite things about Ms. I’s session was the quote she chose to put on her boudoir box. I love watching women fall in love with themselves during the Blush & Tease experience. Its a moment that every woman deserves!

Ms. I, Thank you so much for telling your side of the story! Its a common thing to turn a compliment into a criticism, you’re not the first to do so. But I LOVE that you have now seen what the world sees in you! You are absolutely, uniquely beautiful and DON’T YOU FORGET THAT!

xo
Adena

9 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• Taylor FisherMarch 25, 2017 - 6:16 pm

LOVE that last shot, Adena! So natural and playful! ReplyCancel

• KateMarch 30, 2017 - 8:56 pm

Beautiful! Love the variety!ReplyCancel

• AngieMarch 30, 2017 - 10:04 pm

These are stunning! I just love your studio- such gorgeous light and you captured her so perfectly. I LOVE how you incorporated her side of the story into this!ReplyCancel

• CaraMarch 31, 2017 - 10:08 am

Girl you are just too good!! Amazing work as always ReplyCancel

• Deziree DufresneMarch 31, 2017 - 2:58 pm

Damn! These are sexy! And I just love the one with her glasses on. For some reason I really loved my own boudoir photos with my glasses on, it was refreshing to see how hot I could be even wearing something I’ve always felt really detracted from my looks! Beautiful session!ReplyCancel

• AndreaMarch 31, 2017 - 8:50 pm

“You managed to make me look attractive while also capturing who I am as a person” THIS! This is why you are so good at what you do!  I think that’s a really hard part about boudoir photography that people don’t realize, people can pretend to be sexy but doing it authentically that’s what our partners, the people who we make these images for, what they really see. You captured “her” beautifully. ReplyCancel

• EmilyanneMarch 31, 2017 - 9:32 pm

These are beautiful images of a gorgeous woman! ReplyCancel

• Willy wilsonApril 1, 2017 - 8:24 am

Wow these are just stunning boudoir photos. She’s so beautiful and seems so natural in front of the camera.ReplyCancel

• TammyApril 1, 2017 - 8:45 am

Adena- Lovely work as always! The other comments have mentioned this, but I I love the playful photos (especially the last one) and serious photos(especially the one with glasses). And like she wrote, you captured her personality.  Beautiful!ReplyCancel